Gastric Balloon Surgery Cost in India

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Riley

Re: Gastric Balloon Surgery Cost in India

Unread post by Riley » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm 5 days post-procedure and feel great. I had mild nausea the first 2 days but no vomiting. Some acid reflux, mostly at night. But not painful heartburn at all. Everyone's experience will be different!

Layla Smith

Unread post by Layla Smith » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:57 am

Have you lost much weight?

Nora Jones

Unread post by Nora Jones » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 pm

April 15 - Balloon placement. I felt great coming out of surgery, and was home within an hour of waking up. That's when the cramps started though. They feel like the kind of cramps you get when you're hungry, only a lot worse. Mild nausea all day, but I only threw up once in the evening, some water. Couldn't walk more than 20-30 seconds before being doubled over in pain. Felt sort of hungry, but didn't want to aggravate the nausea, since I'm normally very prone to nausea. (I was using the ear patch, a pill for nausea, and a pill for cramping) Later in the day, I drank 4 ounces of banana milk and 2 ounces of protein shake, as well as eating a cup of yogurt. None of those are clear liquids, but I felt hungry and had no problem keeping them down. August 16 - Didn't sleep well due to the cramps. The cramps felt a little bit better while eating, and worse on an empty stomach. Rough night. Then during the day I still couldn't walk more than 20 seconds so I mostly stayed in bed. Lying on my left side helped the most. Every time I sat up or rolled onto my other side, I could feel the balloon move, like it was sloshing, and punching me in the stomach from the inside. Starting to regret the procedure. However, I successfully kept down another cup of yogurt, and 12 ounces of protein drink, and a small (very small, hard) cookie that I chewed finely (mostly out of curiosity). No nausea and no increase in cramps after eating, so the full-week liquid diet thing doesn't seem necessary at all, and I noticed online that some doctors only require liquids for 2-3 days. Still, enough cramping and feeling of weakness to make me regret the balloon. August 17 - Slept much better, but in the morning, the cramps quickly came back. Again, couldn't walk much. Made the mistake of walking to a store three blocks away and back, and was starting to feel like I would faint from eating only 200 calories or so, and being a little dehydrated. One of my medications (perhaps the ear patch) also makes me a little dizzy and blurs my visions slightly. Nothing too terrible, I can do work if I keep my eyes fixed on the screen and don't look around too fast. I spend the day working from home, still had cramps and couldn't walk far, but not much nausea. During the day I drank some protein shake, and for dinner I had four (half) deviled eggs at a bar where my friends and I hang out every Thursday. Ate the deviled eggs slowly over a period of an hour, but no apparent adverse results. Cramping remained steady, no nausea anymore. August 18 - Day three post-op, and I've weighed myself. I'm down 6.5 lbs, presumably mostly water weight. Slight increase in cramping in the morning. I had to clean the house and that was rough. Five minutes cleaning, ten minutes resting and waiting for stomach pain to subside. Rinse and repeat. By afternoon I was feeling pretty normal, at least as long as I'm not on my feet for more than 10 minutes straight. Had a protein shake with frozen blueberries blended in, and then decided to be more adventurous and have a slice of avocado toast for dinner. (One small slice of toast, very thinly sliced layer of cheese, and then a quarter of an avocado on top with some salt and pepper) I feel a lot better having actual food in my stomach. That was an hour ago, and no increase in cramping thus far (though mild cramping has continued steadily all day) and no nausea. I feel sort of full, but I could possible manage another slice of toast. Tomorrow I'll try scrambled eggs on toast. I hope the balloon will actually work for me. I'm still only eating 200-400 calories a day, but I don't feel especially full anymore now that my stomach is getting used to the balloon, and I seem to be able to eat lots of things, when I'm supposed to still be on liquids. Side note: Why didn't anyone tell me beforehand that you can't really have pasta with Orbera? :'(