What is a gastric balloon?

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Camila

Unread post by Camila » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Gastric Balloon

Gastric Balloon is a short term weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It creates a feeling of fullness quicker after smaller meals and reduces your hunger allowing you to control your portion sizes. Gastric Balloon is a good option if you are looking for an alternative to’ going under knife’ for weight loss.

It provides a weight loss option for selected patients when diet and exercise have failed, and surgery is not recommended or wanted. By using dietary advice, you can learn healthy eating habits and change your lifestyle. Therefore, you can lose weight quickly and keep the pounds off long-term.

A gastric balloon, also known as an intragastric balloon is a soft silicone balloon that is inserted into your stomach. The balloon partially fills the stomach which leads to a feeling of fullness.

Gastric Balloon Procedure

It is inserted into the stomach through the mouth without surgery. Firstly, the doctor inserts an endoscopic camera into the stomach. If no abnormalities appear, then Gastric Balloon is placed through the mouth and down the esophagus into the stomach. Once reached inside the stomach, then it filled with a sterile saline solution, through a small filling tube attached to the Gastric Balloon. Once filled, the doctor removes the tube by gently pulling on the outer end, leaving the balloon inside the stomach.

It is for temporary weight loss and will be removed after six months. It also helps you lose enough weight to undergo Gastric Banding or Gastric Bypass Surgery.

Gastric Balloon procedure overall takes only 20-30 minutes and requires minimal recovery time. You can go home on the same day, or the day after the procedure.

Gastric balloon pill capsule

The gastric balloon pill capsule is a new type of gastric balloon. You swallow a capsule that is attached to a thin tube. When it is in position at the top of your stomach, the balloon is inflated using gas through the tube. The tube is then removed. No sedation is required. Up to 3 balloons can be placed in your stomach to continue to facilitate weight loss over the 12 week treatment. At the end of this period, the balloons are removed in a short endoscopic procedure.

Riley

42 Yrs Old and Diets Were Not Working

Unread post by Riley » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:22 pm

I've struggled with my weight for years and it's been really creeping on more over the last 8 years. I went in for the Orbera ballon on9/29/17 after losing and regaining on diet after diet. I had gotten to the point where I had given up because I felt the amount of weight I had to lose was insurmountable. I would work so hard to lose two pounds and then gain it all back with a slice of pizza. I was not comfortable with my weight and I was starting to worry that I would begin to have health problems.

Layla Smith

Re: What is a gastric balloon?

Unread post by Layla Smith » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

How is it going? I too had mine placed shortly after you 10/03/19 at 212lbs today 20/03/19 202lbs roughly a pound a day hopefully more next week.

Nora Jones

Re: What is a gastric balloon?

Unread post by Nora Jones » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Where did you have yours done?