Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 am
Advantages of the Gastric Bypass
- It is particularly effective for patients with a larger BMI as the procedure has more predictable weight loss outcomes, significantly(60 to 80 percent excess weight loss).
- Hormonal changes resulting from surgery mean most patients have an almost immediate reduction in their need for diabetic medication, and some can completely stop diabetic medication altogether.
- In addition to weight loss, gastric Bypass tends to have the strongest effect on high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other obesity-related health issues.
Advantages of laparoscopy over open surgery include:
- It is also effective for those people who tend towards high sugar or high-fat foods. Dumping syndrome is directly linked to a high sugar, high fat intake. Symptoms of dumping are unpleasant and therefore discourage the intake of high calorie, sweet foods.
- This surgery takes about 2 to 4 hours.
- Shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery.
- Smaller scars and a lower risk of getting a hernia or infection.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:21 pm
I came across a health fact on the internet that claims that lack of sleep cause weight gain. It increases the weight within a week by 0.9 KG (2 pounds). How far is it true?
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:42 pm
From my personal knowledge I think it's true
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:40 pm
Well, I wouldn't have believed it
Trusylver. Guess, that's why I'm getting fat due to lack of sleep. Now I need to change my time table and get some proper sleep.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:09 pm
This is true.
Lack of sleep affects different appetite hormones such as ghrelin, which can cause you to eat more.
Also, if you aren't sleeping enough, you're probably not as motivated to exercise or find the energy to eat healthy meals.
Sleep is just as important and exercise and diet when it comes to a healthy lifestyle change!
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:50 pm
Yeah it's true !! Lack of sleep cause weight gain.