32 Yo Female. Needed Some Help to Lose the Weight. Houston, TX

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Sienna Morris

32 Yo Female. Needed Some Help to Lose the Weight. Houston, TX

Unread post by Sienna Morris » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello to all

I was desperately looking for some change when it came to my weight gain struggle. I have been overweight my whole life. The most I've ever weighed has been 270lbs and I am 5'7''1/2. I've done all types of diets from quick weight loss to cabbage soup. Two years ago I lost about 50lbs with traditional diet and exercise. I really lived a strict lifestyle with about 4 days of workouts and food measurements. And surprise..surprise gained it all back in a year. I was so discouraged. So I looked into to the gastric balloon. This is my second week. Its been challenging. Im struggling the most now with uncontrolled reflux and constipation.

My journey so far
Pre-op: preop weight 241lbs. 3 day liquid diet before. I lost about 5lbs doing this
Week 1: Nausea was pretty bad. Phenergen suppositories helped the most but made me sleepy. I went back to work in 1 week. It was ok. My portions have dramatically dropped and cravings for junk food almost doesnt exist. Week 1 weight loss 13lbs

Im currently now struggling reflux, but I will keep you updated

Abigail Lee

Re: 32 Yo Female. Needed Some Help to Lose the Weight. Houston, TX

Unread post by Abigail Lee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:46 pm

How's it going? I went for my consult today and I'm excited about what I heard. I haven't made the decision yet but I really I'm thinking its only a matter of when. Would love to get an update on your progress.

Hayley Evans

Needed Some Help to Lose the Weight

Unread post by Hayley Evans » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:23 pm

You should be close to your completion please let us all know your final results.

Iminathi

I just had mine inserted 2days ago

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am

I just had mine inserted 2days ago and I am suffering from SEVERE nausea and vomiting. How were you able to take your meds? Two sips of water and I have to throw up

Elizabeth

Re: I just had mine inserted 2days ago

Unread post by Elizabeth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Iminathi wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am
I just had mine inserted 2days ago and I am suffering from SEVERE nausea and vomiting. How were you able to take your meds? Two sips of water and I have to throw up
After only losing 12 pounds in 6 months, my doctor said that there was a correlation between how you adjusted to the balloon and weight loss. I had no problems with nausea after 1st day and could not tell the balloon was there after the first week. Once in a blue moon, it gave me reflux. maybe I have a really large stomach:)

Leilani cox

Unread post by Leilani cox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:52 am

You are very pretty. Good luck with your procedure and results

Alexis

I am going for my consult in 2 weeks and am nervous and excited

Unread post by Alexis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 am

I am going for my consult in 2 weeks and am nervous and excited. I am 5'5 and weigh about 189 so I don't qualify for surgery. I am excited to follow everyone's journey and soon hope to be posting about mine, except for nausea that everyone seems to be experiencing or had...Wishing you all the best!

Rosalie

Unread post by Rosalie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:07 am

Hi, thanks for sharing. Do you have any updates?

Stephanie

Unread post by Stephanie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Thanks for sharing, I am looking into this procedure for myself