Weight Loss Surgery Results

Gastric Sleeve surgery or Sleeve gastrectomy is a surgical procedure that induces weight loss by restricting food intake. It is the laparoscopic procedure.
Amelia

Weight Loss Surgery Results

Unread post by Amelia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Weight loss after a bariatric surgery is a long-term project, but when patients commit to a healthy diet and regular exercise, weight loss results can be achieved, as patients maintain on average 50% of their excess weight loss five years after surgery. The weight loss leads to the patient feeling better, having more mobility, and experiencing an improved quality of life. In addition, the outcome of the surgery improves or resolves more than 40 conditions related to obesity, reduces mortality from cancer by 60%, coronary artery disease by 56% and type 2 diabetes by 92%, according to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).

The long-term benefits of bariatric surgery are not only health-related, as there are also positive economic effects as well. Health care costs for patients suffering from morbid obesity are reduced by 29% on average within five years following bariatric surgery, which is also related to the reduction or elimination of obesity-related conditions. Similarly, the individual results can cause an increase in worker productivity.

Hollyrose

Bariatric Surgery Risks

Unread post by Hollyrose » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Despite the benefits associated with bariatric surgery, there are also risks — some of them long-term. According to the study “Risks and benefits of bariatric surgery: Current evidence,” open surgery can result in several types of side effects, including postoperative pain, slower return to normal activity, and higher rates of iatrogenic splenectomy and abdominal wall complications, as up to 20% of patients develop incisional hernias. While there are also side effects related with the laparoscopic surgical approach as well, patients often experience less postoperative pain, better postoperative pulmonary function, and significantly fewer wound complications.

Laparoscopic bariatric surgery can, however, cause anastomotic stricture, gastrointestinal bleeding, and late postoperative bowel obstruction. Other long-term effects include bowel obstruction, dumping syndrome that results in diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, the development of gallstones or hernias, low blood sugar also known as hypoglycemia, malnutrition more common when patients don’t take supplementary vitamins and minerals, iron or calcium deficiencies, stomach perforation, ulcers, vomiting, and staple-line failure in the pouch, depending on the type of procedure.

Hayley Evans

I didn't lose inches with zerona, or weight, some areas I gained!

Unread post by Hayley Evans » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:36 pm

So I did 12 zerona treatments. I didn't lose any weight, or inches really. I maybe lost 1 or 2 inches throughout my body. I also did 3 scans and body fat percentages. The middle one was the smallest, not even my last measurement was the least body fat percentage. I was also starting an intense work out routine, and the last week I didn't work out (eek!) so I feel like my results were more from workout. I also didn't eat right for a few days! That was my fault. Alcohol stops you from being able to lose fat, so this may have hindered my progress