Long-Term Results of Bariatric Surgery

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Amelia

Long-Term Results of Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Amelia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Bariatric surgery is a term that includes all types of surgical procedures that facilitate weight loss through the limitation of food intake and/or malabsorption of calories. Due to the numerous medically supervised weight loss programs available to patients today, surgery is often the last report for those with a Body Mass Index higher than 40, or a BMI of 35 and an associated disease, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, metabolic disease or sleep apnea.

There are four main types of bariatric surgery: gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, adjustable gastric band (gastric banding), and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch, and given the improvements and advancements to the procedures, it is now possible for surgeons to perform weight loss surgery using minimally invasive techniques. However, weight loss surgery does not cause weight loss directly; it helps in the process, which only begins with the surgery. Patients need to be fully committed to lifestyle alterations and be aware of the long-term results of the surgery.

Penelope

Re: Long-Term Results of Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Penelope » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Has anyone done this due to GERD? Nervous!

Evelyn

Unread post by Evelyn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Having this done 3/18!

Camila

Unread post by Camila » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Yup, April 12

Riley

Unread post by Riley » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Very very common

Layla Smith

Unread post by Layla Smith » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:21 pm

How long was your approval time for the revision?

Camila

Unread post by Camila » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Layla Smith wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:21 pm
How long was your approval time for the revision?
My revision was deemed "medically necessary" because of damage in my esophagus from reflux. Saw the surgeon and was sceduled for surgery within a week. I have Kaiser insurance, so its all in the same facility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A