intracytoplasmic sperm injection procedure

Intracytoplasmic sperm injection or ICSI is a form of IVF Procedure that requires only one sperm, which is injected directly into the egg. It is the most successful form of treatment for men who are infertile and is used in nearly half of all IVF procedures.
jessica william

intracytoplasmic sperm injection procedure

Unread post by jessica william » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:09 am

intracytoplasmic sperm injection or ICSI is a form of IVF Procedure that requires only one sperm, which is injected directly into the egg. It is the most successful form of treatment for men who are infertile and is used in nearly half of all IVF procedures.

How does ICSI Procedure work?

Its main use is for significant male infertility. IVF with ICSI involves the use of special micromanipulation tools and equipment that enable embryologists to select and pick up individual sperm in a specially designed Intracytoplasmic sperm injection needle. The embryologist inserts needle carefully through the outer shell of the egg and the egg membrane – and injects the sperm into the inner part of the egg. Then the fertilized egg grows in a laboratory for one to five days. Then it is transferred to the women’s uterus (womb). However, first, the doctor gives woman ovulation-stimulating medicines and have an egg retrieval procedure so we can obtain several eggs for In Vitro Fertilization and Intracytoplasmic sperm injection.

Grace smith

Is It Safe to Have Botox/fillers During IVF Treatment?

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:22 pm

I am currently under going IVF treatment, can you advise if it is possible to have ( Juveaderm and Botox ) whilst undergoing treatment prior to the actual implant taking place? I have previously had both and I am due for a top up. I am currently injecting 0.5 ml ( Buserlin ) per day, plus 2 mg of Progynova.I am aware that it is not possible to have botox / fillers when one is actually pregnant. Any alternative suggestions if not ?